Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Old Crimes.


"Why didn't they come forward sooner?" 

Would you have done? Most people don't. Fear, misplaced guilt or shame, threats, fear of disbelief...myriad reasons. Some real. Some imagined. But all strong enough to ensure silence until silence could be done no more.
But then one breaks through the barrier...and that emboldens others. And sadly, all too soon, the trickle becomes a flood. 

"People must have known!"

Possibly. Likely. Maybe. But you know, there's a world between actively enabling, and being in a corner, too terrified to do anything with the knowledge you think you know or suspect. And that's where 

"What's the point of an investigation, he's dead!"

comes in. Yes. HE might be dead. But there might be others who need to answer to these alleged crimes as well. And answer to this they must.

I'm not judge, nor jury, and neither are you. This will be dealt with by those privy to all the facts and evidence. Not the media. Not us in our arm chairs. 

These are simply my thoughts on the matter in hand.

I applaud anyone brave enough to come forward to speak out. 
I didn't. 
Mainly because it happened to me on holiday in a place where attitudes to women, especially English women sucked arse and I truly couldn't be doing with that, and also, being less than a virtuous maiden no fucking way was I going to be held up as a tarnished mirror to their beach boy shining purity. No. Fucking. Way.

Is my silence collusion? 
Nah.
Let's just say
"Superstition"
"Using natural phenomena to play up to superstition"
"Scaring the fuck out of them"
and leave it there.

You have a nice day now.




No comments:

Post a Comment